Unfortunately, due to group size restrictions, we are still not able to re-start the Pub Quiz at the Nabb Inn but hopefully, who knows, by autumn we may be able to do it.
Here are the answers to the General Knowledge quiz from last month.
1. If you are in the capital city of Port au Prince, in which country are you? Haiti
2. Which train service connects London to Paris? Eurostar
3. What colour is the Northern Line on the London Underground? Black
4. In which city is 101 Dalmations set? London
5. What is the most common metal found in the Earth’s crust? Aluminium (IN the Earth’s crust, Iron is the most abundant ON the Earth)
6. Where would you be if you were walking along latitude 66 degrees 32 minutes North? Arctic Circle
7. In which park would you find London zoo? Regent’s Park
8. Which battle took place on October 21st 1805? Trafalgar
9. Who was the first man to fly solo across the Atlantic? Lindbergh
10. Which 1984 film tells the story of Cambodian journalist, Dith Pran? The Killing Fields
11. When was Nelson Mandela released from prison after 27 years of incarceration? 1990
12. Which of the Kray brothers died in prison? Ronnie
13. In which year did Queen Victoria die? 1901
14. What is the medical term for the study of the brain and nervous system? Neurology
15. Where in the body would you find ‘The Bowman’s Capsule’? Kidney
16. Linseed oil comes from which plant? Flax
17. Red Iron Oxide is more commonly known as what? Rust
18. What is the main metallic element in bronze? Copper
19. Which gas makes fizzy drinks fizzy? Carbon Dioxide CO2
20. On which day of the year does the oyster season officially start in the UK? 1st September
21. What is a sad anagram of GYRATED? Tragedy
22. What is the name of the website where you can buy and sell ONLY handmade or vintage craft items? ETSY
23. How would you write the number 7 in binary code? 111
24. What is the 6th planet in our Solar System? Saturn
25. Who wrote “The Horse-dealer’s Daughter”? D,H.Lawrence
And for August here’s another quiz to keep you going:-
1. Outside which New York building was John Lennon killed?
2. Which character does Morgan Freeman play in Bruce Almighty?
3. Complete the advertising slogan for FedEx: ‘When there is no..’
4. Wellington is the capital city of which country?
5. What letter is located between letters X and V on a standard keyboard?
6. Which famous astronaut once said, “That’s one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind!”?
7. In the opening lyrics to Queen’s ‘Killer Queen’, what does she keep in her pretty cabinet?
8. During which decade did Elvis Presley die?
9. How many of Snow White’s seven dwarfs have names ending in the letter Y?
10. As of 2018, which athlete had won the most Olympic medals?
11. ‘I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings’ is the autobiography about the early years of what inspirational African-American writer and poet?
12. Who is lead singer of the Foo Fighters?
13. What are the two main ingredients of a ‘screwdriver’ cocktail?
14. What is the tallest breed of dog in the world?
15. Who is the author of ‘The Hunger Games’ trilogy?
16. Unscramble the following word to reveal a type of cloud: ARSTSUT?
17. Which actor starred in: What Lies Beneath, Six Days and Seven Nights, and Air Force One?
18. What does the Olympic motto ‘Citius, Altius, Fortius’ mean?
19. When placed in alphabetical order, which country appears first under the letter C?
20. What is the 1st UK supermarket to sell edible bugs?