National Trust

The situation with regard to Covid-19 guidelines and restrictions seems to be improving but also still remains uncertain for reasons that we are all aware of such as the situation in Europe and a possible slowing down of the vaccination programme. For our group there are still some major hurdles to overcome.

Firstly, with regard to coach travel there are strict guidelines in place regarding the wearing of masks on board, social distancing rules to protect the driver and passengers which mean that it is not possible to run coaches at anywhere near full capacity. There are also regulations with regard to how to board the coach itself, where social distancing must be maintained.

Secondly, as you will be aware, National Trust properties are only operating at a reduced capacity for people who live locally to exercise. Car parking is limited and there is presently no facility to book coaches in for a day. Indoor facilities are closed for the foreseeable future although plans to open indoor cafes etc are being planned.

Thirdly, The Third Age Trust require that we complete a Risk Assessment before going on any visit. Whilst it may be possible for some u3a groups to meet in numbers up to six in the relatively near future, I think that the date which will determine our progress will be June 21st, when a decision will be made on Social Distancing and the wearing of face masks.

IF decisions made in June allow, then we will book the dates for the first two visits and let group members know immediately. We will put a short further update in the May Newsletter and on this website. In the meantime if you have any suggestions or comments please contact Sue or myself via the form below:-

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Your Message (required)

    This entry was posted in National Trust. Bookmark the permalink.